A reader wrote to me asking about my thoughts on Lesbians who pack (and no she wasnt talking about for vacation!). Since this is something that occasionally is searched for on this blog, I figured it a good opportunity for me to address it.
There are basically two types of Dykes that pack and one of them isn’t Homosexual!
Type A Packer-Lesbians who pack almost always fall into the mid-range Dyke category. These Dykes have HUGE insecurity issues.
- Sometimes resulting from child sexual abuse-As a Dyke, sexual abuse from a male/s would make her feel (besides the expected trauma) incongruous and strangely homophobic. Her natural Female Homosexuality would feel compromised, feeling similar to young males who are molested by adult males. The molestation for a Dyke would feel, for lack of a better word- queer. These Dykes feel the need to cover/hide their privates and by doing so with a packer (usually late teens/young adults) feel (in a warped way that by packing they are re-solidifying the Dykeness they feel that was lost from the sexual abuse). This may seem like a way back to a healthier them, except its merely a wash/rinse and repeat—growth beyond packing never occurs.
- Sometimes resulting from acute Heterosexual Dysphoria-They pathologize their fears of not measuring up to Het men coupled simultaneously with their fears of measuring too close to Het Women. Mid-range Dyke is a delicate balancing act, they aren’t Dykey enough to routinely pass (as male) and they aren’t Dykey enough not to pass as Het Women. Most mid-range Dykes traverse these unspoken Lesbian growing pains just fine. But for those with greater insecurity issues, packing may provide them with a false sense of security. And depending on the level of insecurity may even lead them down the road to transition.
- Sometimes resulting from coupling with STRAIGHTBIANS-The all too sexually abused/Hyper-sexual STRAIGHTBIAN is as notorious for their Lesbian ignorance as they are for the Het privilege they feel exempts them from learning/caring about Lesbian experience/culture beyond their own notions of it. STRAIGHTBIANS cant see past their own Heterosexuality (warped though it may be) and as such view Dykes/put Dykes in the male role of their favorite fantasy/fairy tale. Where insecure Dykes will unfortunately try to please their STRAIGHTBIAN by living up to her male (sexual) fantasy. Most Dykes rarely pack before dating a STRAIGHTBIAN, few however leave a relationship with a STRAIGHTBIAN without packing.
Bear in mind, a Dyke may suffer from one or all of these.
Type B Packer-Type B’s are Heterosexual Women who claim they are Dykes.
- Type B’s are exclusively sexually abused as children. But unlike Dykes (sexually abused or otherwise), packing for Type B’s is at once protection, sexual and power over other Women.
- Type B’s usually partner with other STRAIGHTBIANS (both buying the Lesbian lie they tell each other).
- Type B’s however are the more rare of the STRAIGHTBIAN sect. Their personality is formed from a more right brained temperament thats has been severely sexually abused. As such they take the butch or masculine role they Heterosexually perceive Lesbians to be.
- Type B’s are exclusively/pathologically interested/invested in BDSM where they are the master and the other STRAIGHTBIAN the submissive.
- Type B’s are turned on by harming/hurting other Women. They see Women as weak and malleable and as persons who should be punished for such helplessness. They are dominant, therefore they cannot be Straight. Sadistic and Narcissistic.
- Type B’s will sometimes engage in sexual encounters with Gay men in effort to satisfy their natural Heterosexuality. Usually in secret, but not always.
- Type B’s were some of the earliest “lesbians” to transition. And remain high on the list for transition still.
- If transgender, the testosterone increases both their hyper sexuality and their hatred and anger against Women.
- Most often Borderlines. (BPD) But their symptoms resemble more Hetero Male Borderlines than they do Het Female Borderlines, which can confuse diagnosis if they seek professional help.
Obviously this is not an in-depth post, but it should give readers a very good starting point on why some Females pack.